Thursday, July 8, 2010

4th of July


I hope you all had a good July 4th, celebrating our Nations birthday. We had a busy weekend, like almost all our weekends. Meagan had a friend from Scotland visiting, so she was out & about driving around Eastern Washington showing off all the great wineries, going hiking, and visiting farmer's markets around the area.

I went to my college roommate's wedding in Pendleton, OR. It was a beautiful day for an outdoor wedding in Eastern Oregon. I had not been to Pendleton for several years now, its probably been 10 years. The town has grown, although most of my memories about Pendleton are from when I was a small child. Although, it was amazing how many things I did recognize & remember, such as the McDonald's, the Skippers which is now a Starbucks & the office complex where Dad had worked. I even remembered the corner on Main Street, where one summer when I was about 3, it was so hot that my shoes got stuck in the asphalt while I was crossing the street with Mom. All in all it was a good trip.

Then of course we had a barbecue at Aunt Kenda's new house, which was the perfect spot to see the fireworks from her front porch. Something that we should do every year from now on.

As a side note - this week Meagan and I are getting ready to head for Scotland. Very exciting!

Tiah

No comments:

Post a Comment


About Me

My photo
This blog is about three sisters!

Followers