Monday, August 10, 2009

Knitting Convention


This weekend was the Sock Summit, a knitting convention for sock knitters. This year's conference was held in Portland. I was unable to attend any of the classes, but I was able to attend a spinning demonstration, visit the sock museum, and look around the Marketplace.

The traveling sock museum was a little disappointing. I was hoping they would have actual socks knitting from various times in history. Instead they had sock patterns from throughout history and reproduction of the socks. The item that did interest me the most was a pattern from the Red Cross from WWII for knitting socks for the soldiers in Europe, along with a skein of earn that went with the pattern. What a wonderful & personal war time effort knitting socks for the military.

Tiah

No comments:

Post a Comment


About Me

My photo
This blog is about three sisters!

Followers