Friday, April 10, 2009

Meagan in Paris

There are 700 stairs up to the second level of the Eiffle Tower! I know this because I did this when I was in Paris. I also did the 400 stiars up to the tower of Notre-Dame, the stairs up to the Arc de Trioumphe, the hill and stairs up to Basilique du Sacre-Coeur. Other sites I went to were the Louvre, Musee d'Orsay, Pantheon, Centre Georges Pompidou, Armee-Tombeau de Napoleon I at Les Invalides plus a much more. We did the boat site seeing cruise on the Sienne which was lots of fun and it talked about all the bridges, the buildings we could see and pointed out the smallest house in Paris. One day we went out to Vresailles and was herded through the palace but then enjoyed seeing the Grand Trianon, Marie-Antoinette's Estate and the amazing gradens. We also had the chance to go to Chateau de Fontianebleau for a day and enjoyed that palace and gardens. This was our last full day and we took our books with us and relaxed in the grass of the gardens reading and getting sunburns.
We ate lots of fabulous food. My new favorite food is duck, but I also really enjoy crepes and pastries. The food was one of the best parts of the trip. And since we were walking everywhere we were hungry most of the time and so ate often. On the days we went out to Fontainebleau and Versailles we took pinic lunches of french bread, cheese and fruit. These might be my favoriate lunches in Paris.



No comments:

Post a Comment


About Me

My photo
This blog is about three sisters!

Followers