Saturday, September 19, 2009

Ceilidh

Last night Caryn and I went to a Ceilidh, which is a traditional Scottish social dance. It was a surprise party for a man at the Church we are going to, his 50th. It was tons of fun. One of the great things of Ceilidhs is that it does not matter if you don't know the dances cause the bands will walk you though the dances before you do them. I was asked to dance by a very nice 10 year old boy from the church and we did a dance called strip the willow, which for the part of the dance that it is your turn all you are doing is spinning around, makes you a bit dizzy by the time it is over. The rest of the dances that I did me and Caryn were partners and it was fun to get to learn the dances. This was the second Ceilidh that I have attended and I have really enjoyed them. For dinner we had traditional stovies, they were very good. I found out that I actually like beetroot as well. The man who's birthday it was had no idea that he was getting a Ceilidh for his party but he enjoyed it a lot.
~Meagan

No comments:

Post a Comment


About Me

My photo
This blog is about three sisters!

Followers