Sunday, January 31, 2010

Baby Food

I spent the weekend hanging out with my best friend Marcia and her family. It was a fun girls weekend, filled with window shopping, drinking coffee, and knitting. One of the best parts was making our own homemade baby food for her little boy Mayson. It was so easy and fun, I'm not sure why parents don't do this more often. My favorite recipe we made was:

1 organic sweet potato
1 organic gala apple
1 tablespoon organic cinnamon
juice from 1/2 an organic orange

clean, peel, & cut the sweet potato & apple into medium/small chunks. Boil with cinnamon until soft. Let cool. Combine food with orange juice in blender. Blend until smooth. Place in ice cube trays & freeze.

It took about 30 minutes, very little mess and was really good. This is something I might eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment


About Me

My photo
This blog is about three sisters!

Followers