Friday, January 22, 2010

Winter so far

Oh look how good I'm doing, more posts this month than both my sisters! whaoooo! I thought I would take sometime to give everyone a little up date on my adventures in the second grade, really I'm procrastinating on my homework teehee. This past Wednesday I taught my first lesson on penguins and how they are effected by humans. It was a tough lesson to plan/teach, but it was very successful and the kids really had fun learning about different ways humans can effect penguins through oil spills, collecting guano (which is their droppings and humans use it as fertilizer), pollution, and overfishing. They also loved getting to share their learning with their classmates and the other second graders. The lesson was a bit of a challenge because I didn't have my actual class, my cooperating teacher and the other two second grade teachers team teach together and I taught my lesson during one of the rotations. My next lesson is on Monday and I am very excited! I will also be taking on a small group for reading, which I am also so excited for!!!
Another exciting thing I am doing this quarter is taking an art class. Its called Art in the Elementary school. My professor spends very little time lecturing and has us doing art for most of our three hour class. It was been interesting to say the least. The first day of class we did still life drawings of fruit, my fruit turned out but the shading on the fabric it was sitting on did not. We have also made cross-contour drawings, and landscapes. So I decided I might as well share the beautiful works I have made. HA HA HA HA. Other than my fun art class, my classes are going very well. I am learning a lot in my Science and Social Studies methods class and not so much in my Language arts methods class, probably because I am a reading major and it is all review for me. I love my assessment class, who'd a thought, my professor is fabulous and is trying to give us lots of experience in giving assessments. In our last class, we spent almost two hours giving running records to classmates who were pretending to be elementary students. And in my young adult literature, I am learning about lots of great young adult books to read. Mostly I just enjoy reading a lot in that class.
That is basically what is going on in my life. I am hoping to take a trip to Olympia in the next few weeks to visit my best friend who just had a beautiful baby girl, named Caralynn Rose. I can't wait for that!!!

KelliJean

No comments:

Post a Comment


About Me

My photo
This blog is about three sisters!

Followers