Monday, January 4, 2010

WOW! It has been a long time since my last blog post! Well I guess I will have to fill you all in! Let's start with the end to my fall quarter, I am proud to say that I got some pretty good grades in all my classes and I made Dean's List. So I was pretty happy, I ended up with two 4.0's and three 3.8's. Also, at the end of fall quarter I got to spend two full weeks in my Kindergarten classroom which was a blast. Although, sadly, I got a call from the Education department at EWU during winter break informing me that because I am not a Children's Studies or Early Childhood Education major I could not stay in my Kindergarten class. I was very upset about this and having to start the hunt for a new classroom to work in. But thankfully the Kindergarten teacher that I had been working with set me up with one of her friends that also taught at Opportunity Elementary. So starting this quarter I will be teaching nine hours a week in a second grade classroom. I am very excited!
OK now on to the beginning of winter quarter! I am back in Cheney, I got back on Sunday afternoon and happily there is NO SNOW!!! which is the first time I came back from winter break to no snow! This quarter I am taking an heavy course load this quarter at 21 credit hours! This quarter I am taking the block which is two classes that are some what connected. The first is Social Studies and Science Methods, Managment and assesments for Elementary and it is at 8:00 in the morning so that should be interesting! The second class in the block is, Language Arts Methods, Managment, and Assesment for Elementary. Then I am taking Art in the Elementary School, which should be a blast; Reading Instruction and literature for Young Adults; and Introduction to Reading Assessment and Remidiation. Then on top of this, I will be spending 9 hours in my elementary school classroom and working 19 hours a week! It will definently be a challenge but I figure if I can handle all that then being a full-time teacher will be cake, right????

Anyways, that is all for now! I will try and stay up on this blogging thing, but I can't promise anything.

KelliJean

No comments:

Post a Comment


About Me

My photo
This blog is about three sisters!

Followers