Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Tiah's St. Patrick's Day Dinner

Yesterday was St. Patrick’s Day, and I had a house full of people for dinner. This is always nice, but can get a little crowded even in a large house. I made the traditional corned beef and cabbage, while my roommate Annie made mashed potatoes & roasted potatoes. Annie’s mother brought over a pistachio cake, which was very fortuitous of her, my dessert, did not turn out.

I had attempted to make Banoffee Pie, which I realize isn’t exactly Irish but was Scottish and something I really loved when I was in Scotland. Banoffee Pie is a toffee & banana pie with a cookie crust. This is made by boiling a can of sweetened condensed milk for 4 hours to make homemade British toffee, 5 hours into the process I realized that my can of sweetened condensed milk was actually evaporated milk; I had grabbed the wrong can out of the cupboard.

Needless to say I was happy to see Molly’s cake come through the door.

I will attempt to make my Banoffee Pie at a later date since I still have a can of sweetened condensed milk in the cupboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment


About Me

My photo
This blog is about three sisters!

Followers