Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Early Thanksgiving

Today, being Vetran's Day the university was closed with almost everyone from my Baja group having the day off. So we had an early Thanksgiving to celebrate the season and all that we have to be thankful for. I was put in charge of desserts, which I normally don't mind - I love to bake. However, I had never successfully made a pie before. I researched around and talked to people and finally I found two very different pie's that I figured would not be too hard.

I made a pumpkin pecan pie and a coconut impossible pie. The pumpkin pecan pie had a pumpkin pie with a pecan pie layered on top. The coconut impossible pie is where you mix all the ingredients into a bowl & pour into the pie pan and when it bakes it "magically" creates a crust on the bottom, custard in the middle and a coconut top. Both pies turned out really good, I was very proud of myself.

Tiah

No comments:

Post a Comment


About Me

My photo
This blog is about three sisters!

Followers